Friday, May 20, 2005

Driving thoughts

Alright, I'm fully into missing Megan. It just kinda hit me on my way home from work tonight as I was screaming "Running On Empty" into my windshield. You see, Megs and Jackson are the two people that I really tell it all to, and Mr. Browne never has much to say back. I guess I just miss calling her on my way home from work and listening to her struggle to stay awake and talk to me, even though she's tired and probably hasn't slept more than 3 hours a night for the past 4 nights. I miss ending over 50% of my phone conversations with an enthusiastic "Buh Bye!!!" Most of all I miss coming home from a long night at the studio and snuggling up against her and smelling the intoxicating scents of her hair as they waft through my dreams, giving me a primal feeling of rightness and goodness, something that just can't be duplicated. Miss ya Megs.

On a different note, there can't be an artist that has written more honest, meaningful, and true songs than Jackson Browne. I mean, Running on Empty has got to be one of the most poetic songs I've ever heard, capturing perfectly the feelings of a young man in transition. I could go on about others, but whats the point. They're all amazing. Guess I'm writing about this cause listening to his music always makes me feel good in a sad kind of way, which is undoubtedly how I feel about Megs right now. I'm glad that she's out adventuring and I have every faith that she is having a fabulous time, but it's sad to be away from my best friend. It's sappy, I know, but it's the truth and there's no avoiding it.

No comments: