Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Life on Lindig

Wow, been a little while since I’ve written in this bad boy. It’s amazing how easy it is to get sidetracked away from writing about what’s going on. So now that I’m back, let’s talk about what’s going on!

I’ve started a new job as a relationship manager for a capital group called Principal Resources. So far it’s a pretty good job; I got my stylin cubicle and computer and get to learn about neato finance stuff all day. The people there are pretty nice so far, though I occasionally get a weird vibe from them. Maybe it’s because I’m new. Or maybe it’s because they’re all republicans. Who knows.

Speaking of republicans, you’ve gotta just LOVE the game of semantics they’re playing with the whole “Karl Rove commits high treason, let’s figure out a way to save him” thing. It’s always so funny how a party that speaks so confidently and demandingly about self responsibility time and time again refuses to take responsibility for their actions. Good thing for them the United States has an insatiable appetite for hypocrisy; otherwise those folks would never get anywhere.

This past weekend I made it up to the cabin for the first time all year. Pretty unbelievable considering that there have been years where I have been up almost every weekend beginning in about May. Just more evidence that I keep getting busier I guess. The weather was nice, though it was windy, which made the fishing difficult. Always one to look on the bright side, however, I just took it as a sign that I should be reading books not casting lures. This insight led to me finishing Hyperion (one of the weirder sci-fi books I’ve read in a long, long while) and beginning On the Road by Jack Kerouac. We’ll see how On the Road goes; I hear it’s pretty good.

That’s about all that’s really new around here. Megan and I have been getting to see each other quite a lot over the past few weeks, which is a welcome change from her virtual exile down in Venezuela. Pete has gotten a job with Thompson West Publishing doing tech support for bookoo bucks, which of course means that Andrew has begun to lobby him relentlessly for a new HD TV. Andrew himself has gotten a job working for Minitext on campus, sorting books and carting them around. In other words, life is good at 1715 Lindig.

No comments: